Spring is around the corner, I promise! I know it is easy for me to say, since I haven’t been in the cold weather for very long.
So this post is for you guys!
5 Ways to Beat the Winter Blues
Here are 5 ways to beat the Winter blues to help you can get through this next month:
- Start transitioning your Winter wardrobe to Spring! Add a pop of floral and/or some bright colors like I did here! These aren’t splurges because you can actually wear them now and keep wearing them in the next few months. Wearing florals and bright colors will brighten your mood and get you excited about Spring.
- Buy yourself some flowers. You can’t always count on your man to bring you flowers in the middle of Winter. Who needs them, anyway? Carnations are $5 at your local grocery store, will brighten your home, will last forever, and will instantly set your mind to Spring!
- Plan a trip. Planning a warm trip for the near future will definitely make you forget about the harsh climate right now. Stop what you are doing and book something now (even for a three day weekend!) If you don’t have the vacation, follow some travel bloggers on Instagram! They will make help you feel warm inside and get you excited about Spring.
- Incorporate a few Summer songs into your playlist. Strangely, this really helps! It will bring some bounce back into your step!
- Get active. Head to the gym, spin class, pilates barre, or whatever is easiest to get to in this weather. You can even find a fun workout disc to do at home! Working out is actually KNOWN (researched and everything) to help boost your mood, which will help you beat the winter blues. Plus, just tell yourself you are getting ready for swimsuit season, and then by yourself a swimsuit to prove it (tackling #5 and #1!!)
Yellow Blouse (XS)
Floral Skirt (0)
Red Skirt (0, Tall)
Black Sandals (true to size)
Leopard Sandals (true to size)
I am beating the Winter Blues by getting out of Dallas as much as I can. This flu epidemic scares me because for some reason I feel like I am always sick and I am known to catch the flu or strep at least once a year.
This weekend I am heading to New Orleans and the day after I get back I am off to La Paz, Mexico!