Photos by The Retro Penguin. Outfit details at the end of the post!
Good Morning guys!! Or is it afternoon?! My life has been so flip -flopped lately!
One of my best friends said she loves when I do the ‘What’s new with Amanda Miller’ posts. It actually made me kind of sad. Have I been too busy to even catch up with my closest friends?
Once I go full time (and yes, it is coming), then the first thing I will do is strengthen my relationships. With everything going on, I just haven’t even had time to make a few simple phone calls :(. Anyone have some advice on this?
I also noticed the other day when I got off the phone with a friend (she had to call me) that I talked about MYSELF the entire time. There was no ‘and how are you, how is your husband, how is your new baby?’ Have I always been like that? When did I become so -my life is the best-?
It is true that I am feeling extremely blessed lately, and I know I want to share that with my friends and family. I just have to make sure I am giving back what I am getting from my friends. They have always supported me 100% and always say how proud they are of me. Little do they know how much I look up to them as well.
I am working on it for sure! I think the first step is definitely recognizing it! Any advice would be so helpful for those of you who feel you are always so busy but still make time for your friendships!
On another note… here is what’s new with me, Amanda Miller:
- Troy and I finally found a condo! It is right outside of downtown, three stories, and has a huge rooftop terrace. I cannot wait to throw some serious dinner parties there! Since we are renting at first, it is going to be so hard to let go of the things I want to change about the condo (like the beige walls)… why can’t they be white!? Plus the carpet in the bedrooms is NOT IDEAL. I am going to swing by there on my birthday Sunday, so get ready for tons of photos on my Instagram Story. Can’t wait for some before and after shots!
- Speaking of birthdays… mine is on Sunday!!! And I have 0 plans. I have just been so busy and had a lot of events this month so the last thing I wanted to do was plan an event for myself! Troy and I decided a week ago we would like to travel for my b-day either this weekend or Labor Day weekend. After looking at flights, we quickly realized it wasn’t going to happen. Who knew it would cost us $750 to fly to Cancun? I think the plan now is to just go to dinner with him on Saturday, and then have brunch with some friends on Sunday. Since I sent the invites 5 days in advance, I am not sure how big the brunch will actually be!
- Still planning on going full-time with the blog. As I get busier and busier it is getting harder and harder to separate the two. I do have some work friends that read my blog, so I will have to keep it at that! You will just have to stay tuned 😉
- Fashion Week is coming up!!! My taste has gotten a little more expensive unfortunately, and I have spent a fortune on outfits already :(. Hoping to find some outfits while I am there in NY, so that I can send some of the stuff I bought back! I have a completely full schedule already, so make sure you are following along on Instagram Stories when I leave in early Sept!
- So excited about football season!! I am A HUGE NFL fan, and I am actually the co-commissioner of my work fantasy league! I won the March Madness pool at work, so I am hoping to keep the winning streak going! Also a HUGE COWBOYS fan!!! What team do you root for? College or NFL?
Well, that’s it for now. Sorry about my friendship rant earlier. I just feel like I can say anything to you guys, and you always offer the best advice! We all have our flaws… and me not making time for friends and family is definitely one of them right now!
Love yall! xoxo Amanda