Happy Tuesday everyone!
How are you liking my Tuesday Talks so far? Make sure to comment below if there is something you have a question about that you want to make sure I include on these!
I already have quite the list: staying in your own lane, group posts benefit everyone, don’t discount smaller bloggers, don’t post just to post (quality over quantity) and SO MUCH MORE!
Make sure to put my Tuesday Talks on your calendar, or subscribe to my newsletter, so that you never miss one of these posts!
Today’s talk is all about Fohr Card.
*make sure to pin this image to your blogging tips folder
Some of you already are already signed up at Fohr Card and some of you probably have NO IDEA what I am talking about. For those of you signed up, I want to make sure you are getting the most out of it. For those of you who just have no idea, don’t worry, I am also going to cover the basics.
- Sign up at fohrcard.com now. Fill in all the information it is asking for. This is a legit website guys and I would never steer you into signing up for something shady. There might be an approval period. Or it might allow you in right away. I can’t remember since I have been on there for at least two years now.
- Once you are logged in, you need to make sure to complete your profile before you do anything else. Add all of your social accounts and connect to your google analytics. Every little bit counts. Fohr Card will take all of your stats, combine them, and then give you a ranking. This ranking will help you get collaborations and invites to various events.
- When you log in originally, it will take you to a page with a list of all of the retailers that are signed up on Fohr Card. This allows you to contact ANY ONE OF THEM! No guarantees they will contact you back, but now you have access to emails you may never have dreamed of getting. There will be a new list each time you log in. Definitely take advantage and reach out and pitch to the various retailers that you think would be a great fit for your blog.
- You can also access your own press kit (top right corner) when you are in your dashboard, or by going to www.fohrcard.com/your blog name. When you access it from either, it actually comes out as a PDF so you can save it to your computer and use it to send to brands! The one on your dashboard isn’t quite as comprehensive as the one you get when you type in www.fohrcard.com/(your blog name) into your browser. It just depends on how many details you would like the retailer to have.
- When you type in www.fohrcard.com/yourblogname you will see a full breakdown of all of your stats and analytics. They have also added a really cool graph where you can see how many of your users are active, just lurking, or are actually bots (not real). If you have a great number, it is a cool thing to screenshot and add to your media kit to show brands! At the bottom, you can add all of your brand collaborations. I know this is time consuming, but I promise it is worth it. So many retailers will look at those before deciding whether or not they will choose you. Add the ones you are most proud of!
- Any retailer signed up with Fohr Card can see your press kit. This helps you get collaborations! I have gotten some really cool ones from Fohr Card. Recently I did a fun campaign with Origins and I am currently working on with with La Mer! And yes guys, some of them actually pay (and they pay well!)
- Whenever a big event rolls around, like Fashion Week or Coachella, or basically any holiday, Fohr Card will send an email out asking you if you are going or if you are going to be writing anything about that event. Don’t miss these guys! Fohr Card then sends that information to all of the retailers! I have gotten to go to some REALLY COOL Fashion Week parties because of this. I am now on the list for Vogue parties every Fashion Week! Make sure when you sign up with Fohr Card you are using an email address that you actually check.
- THE BEST THING about Fohr Card is their Instagram analytics. It gives you alllllllll of the best times during the week for you to post, and it is different for everyone! You just have to go to www.fohrcard.com/yourblogname/instagram. Make sure you are always logged in to Fohr Card first, or it will give you a 404 error message. Here is a screenshot of my Instagram Calendar:
This is a multiplier. It means on Tuesdays my best time to post is between 10pm-11pm. THIS IS IN EASTERN TIME ZONE, so please make sure to adjust accordingly. Since I am central, that means I should post between 9-10pm on Tuesday nights! I go off this calendar every single day. It is easiest to take a screenshot in the morning so you don’t have to keep logging in to Fohr Card to see it.
10. Lastly, I love the weekly Fohr Card emails. James Nord, the CEO of Fohr Card, sometimes writes a blog post or does a video with invaluable information (like how to pitch to brands, how to make sure it is a great collaboration, and so on). They are full of great information and always fun to read/watch.
Hopefully I have convinced you to join Fohr Card! It is such a great platform with so many amazing free benefits.
Already a Fohr Card member? Comment below with how it has helped you, or what you use it for! Did you join because of this post? How are you liking it so far? I would love to hear your thoughts!
*This is no way sponsored by Fohr Card and I do not gain anything from having members sign up. This is strictly something that I benefit from and wanted to pass on to you guys!*