Sadly, I am no expert when it comes to music festivals! Luckily, I DO KNOW fashion and I am so excited to show you what to wear to a music festival!
When I say I am no expert, I mean I have actually never been to a music festival! Coachella is definitely on my bucket list, but I would love to go to Austin City Limits or South by Southwest as well!
I am missing SXSW this year because one of my best friends is having her baby shower this week! I hope everyone has a great time down in Austin this next week!
I do loooove me some music, so I am really not sure why I haven’t been to one.
I think when I am weighing pros and cons the cons always win out. Public restrooms aka outhouses, shoulder to shoulder people (hate it), being on your feet for hours (never been good at it), and so many others. I need to suck it up and check it out asap before I start using ‘too old’ as one of those excuses!
Have you been to one? Would love to know which one and what you thought!
Here is a list of the Top 15 Music Festivals in the US according to Festicket:
1. Coachella, Indio, California
2. South By South West, Austin, Texas
3. Burning Man, Black Rock Desert, Nevada
4. Pitchfork Music Festival, Union Park, Chicago
5. The Governors Ball Music Festival, Randall’s Island, New York
6. Lollapalooza, Grant Park, Chicago
7. Ultra Music Festival, Miami, Florida
8. Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Great Stage Park, Tennessee
9. Sasquatch! Music Festival, George, Washington
10. Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas
11. Austin City Limits Music Festival, Zilker Park, Austin
12. Electric Zoo, Randall’s Island, New York
13. Made In America, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
14. Electric Forest Rothbury, Michigan
15. AFROPUNK FEST Brooklyn
All of these look like so much fun, but since I am into the fashion scene, I think Coachella would be a dream! May have to make sure I get out there next year!
What to Wear to a Music Festival
When I think of what to wear to a music festival, I always gravitate to either Urban Outfitters, or Free People! Both have indie vibes and you can find pretty much anything you need at either store!
I grabbed this poncho from Free People and am so obsessed! I love the asymmetrical hem and that you can wear it on or off the shoulder! It is super light and you would be comfortable all day!
Sandals are a great idea for a music festival, and these are super comfortable even with a heel! I have them in two colors (including a super pretty chestnut!)
I also love the idea of wearing cuffed shorts instead of cut offs to a music festival. You don’t want to be pulling down on your shorts all.day.long! These are a great length and very soft.
You could add some accessories to this as well to make it more urban. I love the idea of tons of bracelets or a head scarf! I linked them all below to give you more ideas!
Hopefully I see you all at a festival soon!
Photos by Mary Summers
Other Festival Picks: