Sorry I have been a little MIA lately. Bloggers need breaks too! Working two jobs at full speed ahead can wear a person down. I want to make sure I am posting quality posts, and not just trying to get a certain number up each week. I have some pretty fun stuff ahead for you guys! Here are some updates from The Miller Affect:
- New Website. I am sure you have seen my new website by now (YAY). I am so happy about it, but you will definitely be seeing even more tweaks here and there in the next few weeks. Take advantage of my new menu bar. Under Amanda, you can find a bio and some FAQ from me, Amanda Miller. Under Fashion, you can see all of my outfit posts, you can check out my latest Work Wear Wednesday article, or you can read up on Fashion Week. I will be going back this September so I will have new content available then! If you look under the Lifestyle tab, you can see my travel posts (a few new ones will be added next week), and you can read all of the Blogging Tips I have posted so far. If you can’t find something, or you have something you want me to post about, please make sure to comment below and let me know. You can also click on the Shop tab to shop my Instagram posts, and to see my collection of my favorite pieces under $50. Lastly, make sure you Subscribe to my blog. I am working on a new email that will be kicked out to you whenever a new post goes live. That way, you will always have first access to shop what I am wearing!
- Work. My company recently went through a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. The oil & gas market is horrible right now, and we definitely took a hit. Bankruptcy is a scary term, but we are actually going to be a stronger company going forward because of it. I am a Treasury Analyst, which means I am in charge of our cash and debt. You can imagine how stressed I was through this transition. Now that it is over, I will have much more time and strength to work on what I really love, which is this blog!
- Travel. I love traveling. Unfortunately, I only have 15 days PTO with my job, so I don’t have the freedom to just get up and go when I want. I do want to incorporate a lot more travel on here, so you will see some fun beach trips and a few staycations here on the blog (coming soon).
- YouTube. My next adventure will be YouTube. It is currently in the works and the release date for my channel will not be until after the summer. Stay tuned. 🙂
- Snapchat. I am getting sooo much better at Snapchat! Make sure you are following along on there (themilleraffect) to see what my daily life looks like! I also give my Snapchat followers first access to shop my items before I post them on Instagram!
- Relationship. Everything still great on that front! Troy and I have now been together for two years. That makes it my longest relationship ever! I couldn’t be happier and we are definitely already talking about some bigger plans ;).
That’s all for now! I am sure I will have another update for you a couple of months from now! Make sure to navigate through my new website to see all of the changes I made!
Shoes: FRS Pink Suede Mules
Purse: Love Crossbody Bag
Lipstick: NARS Lipstick: Natalie
Ring: BP Crossover Ring
Bracelet: Antigua Bracelet Quartet