This week I am hosting my very first event, and it just happens to be at one of my favorite stores: LOFT. Tons of my blogging friends host events and they have always been so fun, but I just never thought to host one myself. When LOFT reached out to me I was over-joyed! Do you live in Dallas? If so, I really hope you can come so that I can meet you! Here are some tips on how to host an event in case you wanted to host your own!
Photography By: Dallastyle
How to Host an Event:
- Are you active in your community? The more people you help, the more people that want to come out and support you. It is just a fact of life. I am so blessed to have a great network around me in Dallas. I cannot stressed enough about the importance of finding a group with similar interests! Don’t give expecting to receive! Just give. Things always have a way of coming back around. Support those around you and you will find yourself lifted up when you need it!
- Create a great invitation. If you are a blogger, most stores will have a template for you to use. If you are hosting an event at your home, you will need to create one. I created my own using Paperless Post. Instead of using the envelope I just saved the template I created and posted the invite on social media instead of just sending out emails. If you are hosting your own even, I would recommend using Paperless Post. You can also try using Canva or PicMonkey to create something for free! When you put some time into a great invitation, people will know you will put in the time to create a great event!
- Have some bait. Make sure you have something that will attract your guests to the event. If you are a blogging hosting at a store, fight to give your followers a great deal. I tried to talk the store owners into 20% more, but we settled on 10% more! They are also providing food and drinks AND the store will be open to ONLY the people I invite. There are tons of different things you can fight for. If you are hosting at your own house, try to think of something that will catch your friends attention. This could be free drinks, a viewing of something they would normally have to pay for, a DIY project, or a fun form of entertainment!
- Spread the word. Make sure to market your event if you want people there! It is easy for me since I cannot wait to finally meet some more Dallas bloggers, to see the ones I already know, and most of all to meet some of my Dallas followers! This is my first event to host, so it is very special to me and I can’t wait to share it with everyone there! Have your friends invite friends or post it open to the public if you want more people to attend. It is completely up to you how few or how many people know about the event!
- On the day of, relax. You just have to hope things fall into place. You cannot stress over what you can’t control. You can only hope people show up and once they are there you can only hope that they have a great time!
You don’t have to sit and wait to get invited to host like I did. You can go into your favorite store or boutique and ask them if you can host an event there for your followers! They will most likely say yes! Let them know what you can bring to the table! You also don’t have to wait around to host an event at your house. Halloween is coming up and there are tons of pumpkin decorating parties. Grab some small pumpkins, some glitter, paint, and some wine and you will have everything you need for a great event!
I hope everyone can make my event this Sunday!!! We will have food and drinks and myself along with a few LOFT stylists will be walking around to make sure you get everything you need! You can come just to browse and to meet me of course, I would love that just as much! You are not obligated to buy anything at all! This is a meet & greet above anything else! When you see me next Sunday, I will be wearing this outfit!!
Top: LOFT (order a size down, I am wearing a 0)
Skirt: LOFT (order a size down, I am wearing an XS)
Poncho: LOFT (40% off!)
Purse: Kate Spade (sold out, similar HERE)
Socks: LOFT (I like to use over the knee socks and scrunch them into my bootie)
Lipstick: Bobbi Brown, Plum Gold (on sale!)