Is your toddler refusing meals? If so, I think that is TOTALLY normal. Well, I hope it is anyway because Miller has basically been telling us what she will and will not eat lately.
I have found recently that if you can get your toddler involved in the kitchen, then the meals will go over a little better. When Miller helps us cook dinner she is much more likely to eat the dinner! We love saying ‘Miller made this!’
In this post I am going to share a few easy meals a toddler can cook and show you how Walmart+ will make shopping for these meals so much easier for your family.
Easy Meals a Toddler Can Cook
First off, I would highly suggest grabbing your toddler a learning tower. Miller loves hers and is always standing up in it. I would also recommend NOT letting your toddler eat meals while standing in it. They will then refuse their high chair/booster seat and will only want to eat on the tower. We learned this the hard way. This one ships free from Walmart and has a super cute dry erase board on it:
With the learning tower they can safely stand at the counter and help you cook. Just make sure to move anything dangerous for them out of reach (think knives, things they will put in their mouths that they shouldn’t, etc.!)
Your toddler will wear this around the house all day every day whether or not they are even cooking! She loves wearing it when she is ‘cooking something up’ in her play kitchen too!
Cook Together – Easy Meals a Toddler Can Cook
Next you need to find meals your toddler can be involved in. WE LOVE pizza night! We let Miller make her own pizza (to the best of her toddler abilities) and it is so dang cute to watch. She has so much fun with it and really enjoys eating the pizza she makes.
Since you are letting them make their own pizza, you get to choose the ingredients! You can choose how healthy (or unhealthy) you would like to go with it.
Thankfully, with Walmart+ you can order in the morning and have all of the pizza makings delivered to your door to bake as soon as that night!
Let me recap what you get with a Walmart+ membership:
1. With Walmart+, you pay either $12.95/month, or $98 per year (only $2 a week for the annual plan based on 52 weeks in the year)!! I went with the yearly option! With either option you will get FREE DELIVERY FROM YOUR STORE, which you can use for groceries, on orders of $35+ (restrictions apply)! Yes, that means you can order multiple times a week (as many times as you want) as long as your order is $35+ (restrictions apply).
2. Newest benefit: free shipping, no order minimum required (excludes freight & marketplace items).
3. Spend less time in stores! Finding the time to get to the store is hard and being in a store with a toddler is nearly impossible. With Walmart+ you can order from the comfort of your home, take your time, and make sure you check everything off your list. Think of the time savings daily/weekly/monthly!
4. Walmart+ saves you 5c per gallon at Walmart & Murphy fuel stations with the membership’s member prices on fuel. Plus, now you can also receive member prices on fuel at Sam’s Club fuel centers.
5. Last but not least, if you like going into the store to check out the clothes at Walmart (like I do) you can now use mobile scan & go on your phone to check out as you shop! This option can save you tons of time AND it is contact-free!
I ordered everything I needed for pizza night with Walmart+. There were SO MANY OPTIONS to choose from. Walmart has it all. I love being able to order quickly on my phone and then spend the rest of the time with the kids while Walmart prepares my order for delivery. It is such a time save for us.
The ingredients we went with this time:
-Great Value Pizza Crusts
-Prego Pizza Sauce
-Hormel Pepperoni Original Pillow Pack
-Sliced White Mushrooms
-Great Value Finely Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
-Pineapple Chunks (because she loves fruit sooo much we add it to almost every meal!)
You can also go with these healthier options:
-CAULIPOWER Cauliflower Pizza Crusts
If your toddler deserves a special treat, top it all off with a self-made sundae. We love using the small Blue Bell Ice Cream cups. They seem to be the perfect amount of ice cream for me and Miller to share. We let her top the ice cream with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry!
Other easy meals your toddler can cook be involved in:
I seriously live for these nights that we cook together and thanks to Walmart+ I can focus on the family time instead of all of the preparation!
Sign up for Walmart+ now to start getting these amazing benefits as well! They are now offering a 15 DAY FREE TRIAL, so you can make sure it is right for you before committing! I promise you will love it though!
If you want to read more about Walmart+, please see the posts I have done below:
*This post is sponsored by Walmart. All reviews and opinions are 100% my own. Partnerships like these make The Miller Affect possible.