Photos by Angie Garcia
Scroll down below to see the ‘Tall People Problems’ video. It seriously cracks me up, because those are definitely tall people struggles!If you have read my ‘About Me’ section, you know I am almost 5’11. I may actually be 5’11 not really sure. I just know if I am wearing flats or basically any kind of shoes at all, I am at least 5’11!
Finding jeans for tall women is actually pretty easy, you just need to know where to look!
I didn’t know it was easy until around college. Before then, finding jeans long enough was a constant battle. When I was younger, I would wash my jeans and then my dad would have to pull them out of the wash and physically step on them and pull trying to stretch them out to make them longer. This had to happen EVERY TIME I washed my jeans or else I went to school looking like I was preparing for a flood.
In high school we found out that Buckle actually had extra longs. We also found out that those extra longs would cost my parents $200 a pop. I definitely had to get a job as a hostess at Applebees in order to pay for more jeans!! Not because my parents didn’t have the money, but because my mom believed two pairs of jeans were plenty. I should have know then I would be become a shopaholic!
Scroll down lower to get the details on the outfit above!
Where to find jeans for tall women:
- Alloy. The white flare jeans I am wearing here are from Alloy. I have been buying jeans from this store since I was 18. You can buy pretty much any length you want from 32″ all the way to 37″ inseam (which is what I have to buy).
- American Eagle. This where I buy most of my distressed jeans from. They have extra longs, which work perfectly for me!
- ASOS. Finding jeans for tall women is hard, but think of how hard it must be for men! Look at these hilarious photos of people receiving super long jeans from ASOS. They really do have a GREAT tall shop! You can find super long jeans AND dresses!
- Ann Taylor and LOFT. Both of these stores have longs, which so far have worked for me! I especially love all of their wide leg pants.
- Banana Republic. Be on the lookout tomorrow for some wide-leg pants that I have in size LONG! They are the perfect length!
- Old Navy. Did you know Old Navy had jeans for tall women? I bought a pair of black long skinny jeans, cut them up a little with some scissors, and now they are one of my favorite pairs of pants. Just make sure to size down. They are one of those stores that thing if you are tall you must be bigger.