Sometimes, I just want to talk about what is going on in my life, and hopefully hear what is going on in yours. I love doing this periodically because I want this blog to be less of one way conversation and more of a discussion. I love love love hearing what you guys think! Keep reading to hear the my latest Miller musings and of course to read all about this amazing outfit!
- This weekend I will be a bridesmaid for the ninth time and if I do the calculation I am expecting to be in at least three more weddings. It will only be my third time to be a Maid of Honor, and the other two times were both siblings. This one definitely has a special place in my heart because she is definitely my oldest and closest friend (we have been friends since Freshman year of high school, when I first moved to Bullard, TX). I think weddings are so much fun and I love love being by my friend’s side on their big day! I am definitely ready to have a wedding party of my own though. Maybe going to all of these weddings will finally made my boyfriend get a move on it. 😉 JK… but not really…
- Today I have finally started the first steps to blogging full-time. It may still be a few months out, but I now have a date and a goal in mind and I don’t think anything will get in my way. This news is so crazy to me. I never thought I could actually have a job doing something I completely, 100%, love. I hope to have your continued support through this journey! I am definitely scared, but ready to take the leap. Be looking out for an INSANE New Year’s resolution ;).
- How bout them Cowboys? But seriously, ew. That’s all.
- There have been talks of moving out of Dallas. Not serious talks, and it will not happen until next year.. but definite talks. We are thinking either Austin or Ft Worth. I have family in Ft Worth, and Troy has a best friend moving to Austin. What is your vote, and why?
- As you know, or have read in previous posts, my sister and brother-in-law became foster parents in March. They have fallen in love with their son and cannot imagine parting with him. Next Thursday there is a custody hearing in which the judge will determine if he will go to his grandparents. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers. He will be two years old next month.
- In other news, my other sister (I am the middle child), just found out THIS MORNING that she got into med school! She is going to be a doctor!!!! So insane! I am so proud of her and definitely cried like a baby when I heard the news!! She wasn’t happy at all with her MCAT score (wouldn’t talk to us for a week after she got the results)… but in the end she was just being hard on herself! My mom is a medical physicist, so genius kind of runs in the family ;). It is weird to think now that my parents have two entrepreneurs (my blog and my sister started her own photography business that she now does full time) and one doctor. How did they get so lucky? 😉
- I had a webinar on holiday strategy today for bloggers. If only I had three more hours in every day (does anyone else feel that way)? I feel like I could make this blog so much better for you guys if I only had more time. That brings me back to #2 haha.
- Events coming up- 1. I am hosting an event at LOFT and it is about 25 minutes away from the city so there is a lot of pressure to get people out there. It is my first event and I want it to be huge, but dang I wish it was closer. If I can do this though, I feel like I can do anything! 2. I am co-hosting a Halloween party next Thursday in Mockingbird Station here in Dallas. Proceeds will go toward Breast Cancer Research. Please see my FB page for more details! 3. I will be a panelist at a blogging conference next Sunday. WHAAAAAT?! I am so so excited to finally be able to speak about what I share on here! I love sharing my success stories in hopes that new bloggers can find their own success. I am not even nervous about it! Tickets are still available! View my tagged posts on Instagram for details!
- I have been so fortunate to be surrounded by an amazing group of Dallas bloggers, and one of the bests is guest posting on the blog today, so make sure to give her some love!
- I am dying my hair, AGAIN, next Friday. Stay tuned because it definitely isn’t going to be blonde anymore!!
- Love you guys, have an amazing weekend and BE SAFE!
Dress: LOFT (40% off)
*You could also pair this LOFT mock neck flippy dress with some hose or leggings and a black long sleeve for a night out*
Tunic: LOFT (only $25)
Purse: Kate Spade
Lipstick: Bobbi Brown (Plum Gold)
Are You Coming?!