It is finally that time of the year that we all start packing for the beach. Don’t be too jealous, but I am actually heading to Cabo in the morning!! Packing for the beach can be super stressful. There are so many different things you need to think about before just throwing everything in your suitcase. Luckily, I have the pleasure of going on at least two trips to the beach a year, so I am kind of an expert.
Packing for the beach tips:
- People never think to bring tennis shoes and work out clothes. I don’t mean work out clothes in the sense that I think you will wake up and head to the gym (ew). I mean work out clothes for hiking, tennis, or exploring the area around the hotel. I used to miss out on tons of spontaneous fun while at the beach due to my lack of preparation. You never know when a local will tell you about a secret hiking destination, or when friends you meet while you are there are heading on a fun excursion that you want to join in on last minute. Pack tennis shoes, a sports bra, shorts, and a top just in case something like this arises. If you burn easily, I suggest a top with sleeves, as you may be exposed to sun for a long period of time. When you are busy moving about outside the hotel, you typically forget to apply the sunscreen.
- On that note… BRING LOTS OF SUNSCREEN when packing for the beach. Buying sunscreen at the resort can be super expensive. And if you bring one can, you will find that after one day it is all gone. People like to share… and when I say share I mean they like to use your free sunscreen. Pack multiple bottles. Target has deals where you can buy three cans of spray sunscreen for the cost of only two. I love using the spray sunscreen, but you always run into the chance that one of the sprays won’t work. Make sure to pack enough, and then splurge a little on a nice sunscreen for your face. I recommend at least 70 spf. Last year I got sun poisoning on the first day in Cancun, and it ruined my entire week!
- Bring nice clothes for dinner. At all-inclusive resorts, you may have a few dress codes for certain restaurants. Make sure you are bringing something nice to wear to dinner. I don’t mean black tie, I just mean a dress, a pretty romper, or a skirt. My family and I love to get dressed up for dinner each night. It makes for better photos, right?! You can see below for a link to all the pretty dresses that I will be packing.
- Wearing the same swimsuit every day can basically leave a permanent tan line. You will NOT be able to get rid of it for the rest of the summer. When you are packing for the beach, make sure you are mixing up your swimsuits at least every other day. You can wear a bandeau one day, but then make sure it is a triangle top the next day. I like wearing a different suit each day to make sure I am covering all my bases.
- Sandals are an obvious go-to for the beach. Make sure you bring tons of sandals. The easiest ones are the thong sandals that you can slip on and off when you head to the beach. My favorite sandals for the beach and pool are jelly sandals. I linked some below for you! At night, I wear wedges with my dresses.
- When thinking of packing for the beach, if you want to pack a floppy hat, make sure you wear it on the plane. It is reallllllllly hard to keep a floppy hat in tact when stuffed in your suitcase. Clothes will move around and my hats always get squished and they never recover. Just either hold the hat on the plane or wear it! It will save you some heartache at the hotel!