Isn’t my hair crazy!?! When I went in for a color, I did not expect this. Is this how it works in your head to: you see all these Pinterest pictures and you walk in and show them and you expect to come out looking exactly like the model/actress in the photo? Ha, it doesn’t exactly work that way. Everyone’s hair is different and most of the photos you see took 2-3 trips to the salon. Read below to see what to do/what not to do before you walk into a salon.
Photos by : DallaStyle Blog
I am definitely excited to see how it looks after a couple of washes. It definitely looks different in every light. Sometimes it is a bright purple even! I have already been told that I look like a ‘bad ass’. My boyfriend lauged at this because that is definitely not me. I may feel like a bad ass in my business sometimes, but I don’t think that is what they were referring to, haha! It is fun, but I was definitely going for something more natural. It is just hard to look in the mirror and look like a different person. Here are some tips to keep you from making the same mistake:
- Be realistic. Find of photo of something that can actually be done. I showed them a photo of fiery red hair. That would be pretty hard for anyone to do when they are starting with an ombre.
- Don’t expect to get there right away. When you walk away from the salon the first time, don’t expect it to be exactly what you want. It may take a couple of visits.
- Go in for a consult first. Talk about exactly what you want before you go in for the color. You can let them know what you like AND don’t like.
- Tell them if you do not like it, BEFORE YOU LEAVE the salon. So many people are afraid to do this.
- Give it a couple of washes. Is it too bright? Too drastic? Wash it a few times until it is exactly what you want.
- The good thing is: unlike a tattoo, it is JUST COLOR! You can easily change it. 🙂
Turtleneck: J Crew Factory
Hashtag Earrings: Bungalow20 (only $12)
Boots: Old Navy (25% off)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (sign up for Endless Eyewear ASAP! $24/mo for endless designer sunglasses! Get one month free with code THEMILLERAFFECT)
Lipstick: NARS, No Shame