Ever since suede made it’s comeback and Vogue wrote about it, I have been searching for the perfect skirt. Everything I had found was either too fake or too expensive. While shopping at Nordstrom this weekend, I found the perfect piece!
Suede is amazing, but super hard to take care of. The last thing you want is to spend tons of money on a great piece only to have it ruined by a drop of red wine. I use red wine as an example because who doesn’t like red wine?!?! I found this really nice suede skirt at Topshop and I believe it was worth every penny. Like I said, I have been searching for quite some time. I meant to wonder throughout the store on Sunday but I started in Topshop and NEVER LEFT! So get ready for some amazing new pieces from Topshop this week 🙂 :). I hope everyone has an amazing Monday <3.
How to take care of your suede:
1. Seal it. I use this product from Amazon, and spray it on my suede items (shoes, purses, and clothing) before I head out. This makes it a little more water-resistant but definitely not water proof so still be careful!
2. If you spill something or get something dry on it.. NEVER USE WATER!!! I recommend corn meal for wet stains and vinegar for dry stains.
3. If your suede starts looking old and worn you can use a round brush and scrub your suede with it. This should make it look alive again. Some people recommend a toothbrush but that just takes forever! Just make sure whatever brush you use has soft bristles.
4. Whatever you do- ACT FAST. Never let the stain sit. I had a friend spill red wine on her Louboutin booties and she was out all night and by the time she got home there was no hope!
5. If you follow these steps you have about a 70% chance of saving your suede. If you aren’t comfortable with these methods, take it to a cleaner immediately!
thanks Claire!!!!! <3 xoxo