Speaking of last names… Are you thinking of changing the blog’s name because you won’t technically be a Miller anymore? Just curious!
Lately with Amanda:
- Hey guys, Amanda Pollard here. Well, I guess legally I am still Amanda Miller because I haven’t gotten around to the whole name change thing yet. I heard it is quite the process so I have been avoiding it like the plague. How long did you guys wait before you changed your name?
- House hunting is SO HARD especially when you are as picky as we are. I am fine with being out of Dallas proper in order to get the home we want. Troy insists on being five minutes to everything. He is willing to give up a lot on a house if it is in the right location. We are at an impasse. Month to month is expensive at our current place, but we can do it for as long as we need. We want to find the perfect house and understand we aren’t in a rush. We did find a couple of places we loved only to find out they are in a horrible elementary school district. Yes, private school is an option but it is also really expensive! Please pray for us as we continue this journey!
- I am going to HOPE FEST on Saturday here in Dallas at Happiest Hour and I would loooveeee to see you there! It is going to be such a fun event! Happiest Hour will be rented out and there will be a band and everything. Tickets are $60 and they support an amazing cause. Buy your tickets HERE! I will be in jeans and booties with a cute top (country casual!)
- I am heading to ACL (Austin City Limits) next week! Cannot wait to take you on that trip with me! I have never been to a music festival that big so I am really excited! Will any of you be there? Maybe we can have a meet up! I will be with Lynlee Poston (@lynleeposton), Dede Raad (@dressupbuttercup), and Emily Herren (@champagneandchanel).
Lately with The Miller Affect:
- I am trying out a completely new style of photos and outfits. I wanted to stop looking like every other blogger out there. Have you guys noticed anything different? If so, what do you think?
- I FINALLY hired someone to help me! Her name is Briana and she is my older sister’s best friend from High School. She is helping me with emails, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and so much more! Lifesaver! I just wish she lived in Dallas so I could see her more! Check her out on Instagram at @brianamac13.
- The Shopbop Sale started today and I have created a new SHOPBOP FAVORITES tab under SHOP on my menu so that you can see everything I purchased so far from the sale! Don’t forget to also check out my Instagram Stories this week to see some Shopbop try-on sessions! Use code EOTS17 at checkout to grab 20% off orders under $500 and 25% off orders over $500!
- Need help figuring out how to shop my posts from Instagram? You can find them at themilleraffect.com/instagram at all times. Just click the photo once you get there and the links pull up beside the photo. Or, have you downloaded the new @liketoknow.it app (located in the app store?) Once you download it you can screenshot any of my photos on Instagram and then when open your app you will find all of my outfit details within 5 seconds. It is like magic and sooo easy to use! It has all of your favorite bloggers on there too so you can shop all of your favorites within the same app.
- Congrats to Paulina Rios for winning my Pink Sweater Series! She won the chunky knit turtleneck sweater! Thank you to everyone for entering. I will be doing another giveaway (for a $500 handbag) next week so don’t miss it!
White Tie Sleeve Sweater– sooo incredibly soft and love the length (you can also wear it with leggings)
Suede Miniskirt – So in love and it also comes in black!! Great price for the quality as well!
Black Over the Knee Boots– I have had these forever it seems like. I am a little over 5’10 so I have to get the ‘All Legs’, but if you are shorter I would recommend going with the ‘Highstreet‘ or the Steve Madden pair that I also linked below!
Black Givenchy Handbag– I wear this thing with everything!!!!! Best investment piece for sure. Adds an element of ‘cool’ to every look
Lipstick– I have been loving this Baby / Pale Soft Pink color from Bobbi Brown. It is so natural looking and goes on so smooth!
The rest of my makeup is from Sigma Beauty and you can see everything I used in THIS POST.
Ugh and you just helped me too!! We will find something, I know it!! Thanks for the sweet comment babe! xoxo Amanda