Anyone love to be romantic? I wore this amazing Topshop velvet-trimmed dress on my last day and it made me feel like I was in Paris! Chivalry is NOT dead, so don’t let your boyfriend/husband act like it is! Here are some tips to spice up your romance a little.
1. Leave sweet notes around the house. I know it seems lame, but it really works. When you leave sweet surprises for him, he will usually reciprocate in some way. T likes to draw, so I actually get sweet drawing left in my purse or on my windshield. Just leaving him an ‘I love you’ note will do wonders, trust me.
2. Send him something at work. I like sending my boyfriend Tiff’s Treats because he has a HUGE sweet tooth. You can also do edible arrangements, or even just order his favorite sandwich to be sent to him. He should get the hint! Even if he doesn’t, it feels really good to do something for the one you love!
3. If he doesn’t already open the door or pull out the chair for you and you want him to, then just mention it! He probably wasn’t raised that way and doesn’t even think of it. If he knows you like it, he will try to make it happen. The more he does it, the more it will become a habit.
4. For date night, get a list together of at least 5 things to do or places to go (and tell him what day you are doing it) and have him pick. Let’s be honest, he isn’t going to plan the entire thing himself. This is a compromise for you both!
5. Take a trip. Grab a babysitter if you need to and put a weekend away for just the two of you. Even if you have to stay at a hotel in the city you live in, it will be one on one uninterrupted time that will be worth every penny.
Do you have some cute romantic stories from your relationship? I would love to hear them! Leave a comment below <3 In other news, how amazing is this Topshop velvet-trimmed dress?? So gorgeous and perfect for a romantic night out! For more about my relationship, head to my ‘It’s Official’ post.
Lipstick: Bobbi Brown, Old Hollywood
Dress Socks: Amazon
Earrings: Baublebar (obsessed)